Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Renaissance Fair 2010

I went to the annual Arizona Renaissance Fair last weekend with my friend Maria. As always, it was a lot of fun. We ate roasted turkey legs. We watched people. I always enjoy looking at the costumes and seeing what some people think is appropriate medieval attire. There are always lots of pirates, and as we all know the golden age of pirates didn't come until a couple of centuries after the renaissance. There's always some bare arms, shoulders, and midriffs on the ladies which wouldn't have happened in those days either. But why nitpick? Enjoy it for what it is: An opportunity to dress up and be somebody you aren't.
There were belly dancers.

There were pipers.


I tried my hand at a didgederoo.


There was harp music.



There was Patrice Ruane, spinet player. I think she has a crush on me.
All in all, a pleasant time was had. Come on down next year and go with us!

1 comment:

Matthew said...

Hmmm, do you think Patrice would play spinet at my next Renaissance themed birthday party?