Saturday, December 20, 2008

"I Guess You Can Teach An Old Dog New Tricks!" - Leah

I bought this nice sewing machine a few months back but haven't done anything with it. Since I've got some time on my hands now, I went over to Thatcher and had my sister Kathy teach me how to sew. When I e-mailed the picture of the first shirt I made to Leah, she called me back and gave me the title for this post.
My wonderful new Singer.

Here I am in action.

My first creation.

My second attempt.

We spent a lot of time aligning the pattern on the pocket. I'm very proud of my pocket.

So I still need to find a new job, but at least I have a new skill I can use! I have some ideas in mind for my next project.

3 comments:

Natalie Jane said...

Nice.

lou said...

WOW!!!! We are very impressed! Looks like you can finish up my projects!!

Leah said...

Luckily, there's not much of a "public" in Thatcher for us to be seen in. I'm proud of your skillzz.